例：quiet ---- quietly
1. hopeful_________ 2.careless________ 3. healthy ________4. busy ________ 5. fast ________ 6. active________
1. My brother is two years _______(old)than me.2. Tom is as ______(fat) as Jim.
3. Is your sister _______(young) than you? Yes,she is.
4. Who is ________(thin)，you or Helen? Helen is.
5. Whose pencil-box is _______(big)，yours or hers? Hers is. 6. Mary’s hair is as _______(long) as Lucy’s.
7.Ben ______ (jump) _______ (high) than some of the boys in his class.
8.______ Nancy sing ________ (well) than Helen? Yes, she _____.
9.Fangfang is not as _______ (tall) as the other girls.
10.My eyes are ________(big) than ______ (she)。.
11.Which is _______(heavy)，the elephant or the pig?
12.Who gets up _______(early)，Tim or Tom?
13._____the girls get up_______(early) than the boys?No,they______.
14. Jim runs _____(slow)。 But Ben runs _____(slow)。
15.The child doesn’t_____(write) as ____(fast) as the students.
______ is ______than Jim?
2、谁比David更强壮?是Gao Shan._____ ______ than David? Gao Shan ______.
______ pencil is _______,______or______?______is,I think.4、谁的苹果更重，你的姐姐的还是你的弟弟的? 我的弟弟的。
_______ apples ______ ______,your _____ or your _____? My ______ _____.5、你和你的叔叔一样高吗?是的。
______ ______as _______as your uncle?Yes,I am.6、他和他的朋友Jim一样年轻。
He _____ as ______ as _____ _____ Jim.7、她和她的双胞胎哥哥一样胖吗?不，她比他瘦。
______ _______ as _______ as_____ twin ______? No, _______ _______ than him.8.Yang Ling每天睡得比SuYang晚。
Yang Ling ______ to _____ ______ than Su Yang every day.
I _______ as _____ as Mike.
____ Tom _____ _____ than you?No,he ______. He_____ as_____ as_____.
______ more exercise,you’ll ______ _______ soon.
I _____ ______ at Science.But I don’t ______ well in Chinese.
1. My sister is getting _____.
A. fater and fater B. fatter and fatterC. more fatter and fatter D. more and more fatter
2. They are ________to us than before.
A. friend B. friendly C. more friendlyD. friendier
3. Jack is the ______ boy ________our class.
A. tallest. in B. taller. in C. most tall. ofD. more tall. of
4. It is not _______ warm _________ yesterday. Put on more clothes.
A. so . on B. so. in C. as .atD. as. as
5. Hamgzhou is one of ____cities I have visited.
A. beautiful B. beauitifulierC. more beautiful D. the most beautiful
6. Both Andy and I drive slowly. Tom drives fast. So Tom drives ________of all.
A. slower B. the slowest C. fasterD. the fastest
7.My sister is a ____________ girl.
A.good B.well C.very
8.一 Is it your toy taxi?一 No. ___________ it’s his.
A.May be B.May C.Maybe
9.______ are you?— I’m ______, thank you.
A.What;good B.How;fine C.What;fineD.How;good
10.一Can you help me?— ___________.
A.Yes B.Excuse me C.CertainlyD.How
11.The grass around my house is Very________.
A. black B.blue C.green
12.The sky is ________. The c1oud is _________.
A.blue;red B.red;brown C.blue;white
13.The child is __________ kind.
A.much B.very much C.very
14.一Could I use your pen，please? — __________.
A.No B.Certainly C.Excuse me
15.I _________ go to School at 8：00 a.m.
A.very B.much C.often
16.I have an _________ doll.
A.old beautiful B.beautiful o1d C.small old
17.They ______ clothes.
A.is B. am C. are
18.The tall boy _________ playing basketball.
A.am B. is C. are
19.Mr Wang is a _________ teacher.
A. tall old English B. English old tall C. old tall English
20.Oranges are _________
A.purple B.blue C.orange
(1) After an hour or so we began to feel very frightening. (2) Charles said, “As soon as I see a realy tall building, I want to climb it. (3) Last Sunday, police cars hurry to the taller building in New York.
(4) As a result, people in the modern world generally live much more longer than people in the past. (5) Therefore, there are still some countries where people have shorter lives. (6) People in industrial countries can expect to live for twice so long as people who lived a few hundred years ago.
(7) In some places you may borrow many books as you want. (8) I told Mother, Father, Sister and all my friends here that a great time I had. (9) I never knew a ride down a river could be so much exciting. (10) I’m sure we’ll have a wonderfully time together. (11) First, let me tell you something more about myself.
(12) I used to play ping-pong a lot in my spare time, but now I am interesting in football. (13) Also, the sport teaches us the important of obedience. (14) Unfortunate, there are too many people in my family. (15) I think I liked those classes because I felt that they helped me understand what the world works. (16) After learning the basics of the subject,nothing else seemed very practically to me. (17) Whenever I see them I will often think of my English teacher. (18) What things are in other homes, I wonder. (19) For instance, one night he played strong and loudly music till four o’clock in the morning. (20) But he is difference now. (21) The time passes quickly. Evening came down. (22) …although radios can be very noise.
(23) …all planned and written by grown-ups to make children want things that they don’t real need.
(24) But one of the best players in our team told me just then that he wouldn’t play basketball any more. (25) But one of the best players in our team told me just now that he wouldn’t play basketball once more. (26) I would describe myself as shy and quietly. (27) Finding information on the Net is easily. (28) Yes, a concert can be very excited. (29) However, we seldom felt lonely or helplessly.
(30) Nowadays millions of people of all age take pleasure in a hobby which is both interested and fun. 【答案与解析】
(11) 去掉 more，因从上下文看，这是第一次给对方写信，不存在谈谈“更多情况”的问题。 (12) interesting 改为 interested，be interested in 意为“对……感兴趣”。
(13) important 改为 importance，teach 后可接名词或代词作宾语，但不接形容词作宾语。 (14) Unfortunate 改为 Unfortunately，因此处要求用副词作状语。 (15) what 改为 how，how 在此表示方式。
(16) practically 改为 practical，此处用形容词作表语。 (17)去掉 often，因句中的whenever 与 often 意义重复。 (18) What 改为 How，句意为“不知其他家庭的情况是怎样的”。
(19) loudly 改为 loud，与 strong 并列作定语，修饰 music。 (20) difference改为different，即用形容词作表语。
(21) 去掉 down，要表示“夜幕来临”，直接说 Evening came 即可。 (22) noise 改为 noisy，即用形容词作表语。 (23) real 改为 really，修饰动词要用副词。
(24) then 改为 now，just now 为习语，意为“刚才”。 (25) once 改为 any，not … any more为习语，意为“不再”。 (26) quietly 改为quiet，and连接并列成分quite和shy。 (27) easily改为easy，作表语要用形容词。
(28) excited改为exciting，表示某事物是“令人兴奋的”用exciting;表示某人“感到兴奋”才用excited。 (29) helplessly改为helpless，在系动词felt后作表语，要用形容词。
(30) interested 改为 interesting，指某事物是“令人有趣的”，用interesting，表示某人“对…感兴趣”时，用interested。
(1) I’ll try to be more carefully next time.
(2) China is much more bigger than the United States. (3) There are few boys than girls in our class. (4) He says that skiing is much exciting than skating. (5) The more money you make, the most you spend. (6) He found someone was following her, so she felt frightening. (7) It was real very dangerous. You might have injured yourself. (8) In fact, we finished the work without any difficult. (9) Look at the asleep boy. How lovely! (10) The fish tastes well; why not have a try? (11) Last week was very rain. I didn’t go out the whole week. (12) The sun rises in the east and sets down in the west.
(13) I promise to return back before 10.
(14) The book contains much use information. It’s well worth reading. (15) This is quite far the mostly expensive bicycle in the shop. (16) The workers warm welcomed us at their offices. (17) Oh, it’s simply wonderfully to see you here! (18) She is in more health now than she was last year. 【参考答案】
(1) carefully 改为 careful，用形容词作表语。 (2) 去掉more，more 不能修饰比较级。 (3) few 改为 fewer，注意句中的 than。
(4) 将 much 改为 more，或在 much 后加more，此句涉及 skiing 与 skating 的比较。 (5) most 改为 more，the more…the more… 意为“越……越……”。
(6) frightening 改为 frightened，frightening表示“令人害怕的”、“恐怖的”;frightened表示“感到害怕的”。(7) real 改为 really，修饰形容词用 really，不用 real。
(8) difficult 改为 difficulty，用名词形式作介词 without 的宾语。 (9) asleep 改为 sleeping, asleep 为表语形容词，不用于名词前作定语。 (10) well 改为 good, nice 等，taste 在此为连系动词，后接形容词作表语。
adj 清楚的，清晰的 3.cautious
adj 生动的，逼真的 5.exactly
adv 适当地;正确地;恰当地 11. specially
adj 可靠的，可信赖的 13.simply
adv即，也就是 15.not nearly = far from = nowhere near远非，远远不，一点也不
adj耐心的;n 病人 17.plain
adj令人惊异的， 21.accidentally adv 1. 偶然地;意外地 2. 附带地
adj 秘密的 25.otherwise
adj高效的，有效的 29. flexible
adj 难懂的，复杂的 31.smooth
adv 定期的，有规律的 33.sensitive
adj .1.害羞的，腼腆2.羞涩的 37.thoughtful
adj 1. 深思的,沉思的 2. 富有思想的;经认真推敲的 38.lighthearted and optimistic adj无忧无虑而且非常乐观
adj私人的(private cars) 41.personal
44.precious adj 宝贵的，珍贵的
adj 突然的 49.merely
adv 罕见的 51.splendidly
52.increasingly adv 越来越多地 53.naturally
adv显而易见 apparent 61.necessarily adv必要地，必须地，必然地
87.impressive adj 影象深刻的
88.traditional adj 传统的
92.sooner or later
94.once in a while
99.doubtful adj. 可疑的;令人生疑的;疑心的;不能确定的
100. respectable adj 值得尊敬的respectful
adv可采用的,可收养的 66.available (adj)可利用的,可使用的，可得到的
adj 1. 喜欢说话的
2. 多嘴的 3. 健谈的
adj 1. 实践的,实际的
91.convenient adj 方便的，便利的
93.more or less 或多或少，差不多，几乎 95.now and then 偶尔，有时
97. unexpectedly adv 出乎意料地
98. unforgettable adj不易忘记的
100. hardly / scarcely
102 distinguished adj 著名的;卓著的;高贵的
1. -- I put my purse on the table just now, have you seen it?
——No. I haven’t. You should never put __________ on the desk anyway.
A. anything important
B. important anything
C. something important
D. important something
2. ——How was your final exam?
——The English and Maths papers weren’t __________ for me. I hope I haven’t failed.
A. easy enoughB. difficult enough
C. enough easyD. enough difficult
3.-- Could you tell me something about the museum?
—— Yes, It was built in 1979, 230 __________ and 220 ____________.
A. long meters; wide meters
B. meters long; wide meters
C. long meters; meters wide
D. meters long; meters wide
4. ——What’s your present for Kangkang’s birthday?
-- He likes painting, so I’m going to buy him a __________ paintings.
A. fine little brown French
B. little brown fine French
C. little fine brown French
D. French little brown fine
5. The rich __________ necessarily happy.
A. isn’tB. aren’tC. wasn’tD. weren’t
6. Keeping the balance of nature is so ________.
A. easierB. more difficult
C. importantD. interested
7. The film is not as ________ as you told me.
A. interestedB. more interested
C. more interestingD. interesting
8. This building is ________ that one over there.
A. as tall as twiceB as twice as tall
C. so tall as twiceD. twice as tall as
9. We live ________ now because we have changed the way we live.
A. longB. longerC. the longestD. short
10. Art is much ________ than life, but what a poor life without it!
A. less importantB. more important
C. the most importantD. important
11. -- Which shirt is ________, the blue one or the pink one?
-- Oh, they are both nice, so it’s hard to choose.
A. niceB. nicerC. the nicestD. good
12. The harder you work, the ________ progress you will make.
A. greatB. greaterC. greatestD. little
13. If you keep playing sports every day you are getting ________.
A. good and goodB. better and better
C. best and bestD. better and best
14. ——Which is Tom?
-- He is ________ of the two boys.
A. tallB. tallerC. the tallerD. the tallest
15. We should go on learning English although it is getting a little ________.
A. easyB. easier
C. difficultD. more difficult
16. ——Mum, could you buy me a dress like this?
——Of course. We can buy ________ one than this, but __________ it.
A. a better; better than
B. a popular; as good as
C. a more popular; not as good as
D. a cheaper; as good as
17. These days, the Internet is becoming __________ useful as a search tool.
A. more and moreB. most and most
C. much and moreD. much and much
18. Tom is __________ experienced among the doctors here.
A. lessB. leastC. the lessD. the least
19. Which is __________, the computer, the Internet or the robot?
A. usefulB. more useful
C. the more usefulD. the most useful
20. Beihai is one of __________ beautiful parks in Beijing.
A. theB. the moreC. the mostD. the less
21. Jane is __________ girl in our school.
A. the second tallerB. second taller
C. the second tallestD. second tallest
22. China has the __________ population in the world.
A. largestB. smallestC. biggestD. most
23. Lucy has few friends in the city, so she feels very _______.
A. aloneB. lonelyC. pleasedD. happy
24. Her __________ opening speech set the tone for the whole conference.
A. livelyB. lovelyC. friendlyD. lonely
25. Peter was a friend of Mary’s ________ brother, Johnny.
A. eight-year-oldB. eight-year old
C. eight-years oldD. eight years old
26.——As you know, Chinese’ tea is the ________ one in the world.
-- Yes, It’s popular all over the world.
A. bestB. lastC. firstD. only
27. -- Would you like to go to the cinema with me?
——Sorry, I have to stay at home to look after my ________ brother.
A. illB. sickC. illnessD. disease
28. He got up ________ to catch the early bus.
A. early enoughB. enough early
C. earlier enoughD. enough earlier
29. The girls cares ________ for a new dress than anything else.
A. moreB. muchC. manyD. most
30. ——What do you think of the movie?
——Great! I have never seen ________ interesting movie.
A. suchB. such anC. soD. so a
31. ——Why are you looking at me ________?
-- What a strange suit you’re wearing! Your jacket doesn’t match your trousers.
A. here and thereB. more or less
C. now and thenD. up and down
32. ——Have you ever visited the Summer Palace?
-- No, I have ________ visited it.
A. neverB. alreadyC. everD. still
33. Super chicken sandwich is my ________ food.
A. the most favoriteB. favorite
C. more favoriteD. most favorite
34. The price of the computer is so ________ that I can’t afford it.
A. expensiveB. cheapC. highD. low
35. --________ are your feeling today?
A. When; goodB. What; better
C. Where; goodD. How; better
36. Which skirt do you like __________, the red one, the blue one or the pink one?
A. betterB. bestC. wellD. very much
37. --How __________ will your father come back?
——In a week.
A. longB. farC. oftenD. soon
38. If your want to learn English well you must speak English as __________ as you can.
A. manyB. muchC. soonD. more
39. I can __________ catch up with you. Can you walk slowly?
A. hardB. hardlyC. harderD. hardlier
40. -- Is the coat John’s?
-- It can’t be John’s. It’s __________ small for him.
A. too muchB. too many
C. much tooD. many too
41. It’s __________ to say something than doing it.
A. easyB. easierC. easiestD. easily
42. ——Can you communicate __________ in English?
——Sorry, I can’t. I know __________ English.
A. well; a littleB good; little
C. good; a littleD. well; little
43. As long as you drive __________, you will be very safe.
A. carefulB. careless
C. carefullyD. more carefully
44. ——How about sitting ________ and talking?
——That’s a good idea.
A. anywhereB. somewhere
C. everywhereD. nowhere
45. When the thief saw a policeman, he run away as ________ as possible.
A. quickB. quicklyC. fastD. fastly
46. Please speak ________ (slow) so that we can make full notes.
47. They all come early, but she come ________(early) of all.
48. He played the piano ________(success) than we has thought.
49. Whoever is ________(quick) is going to have the better chance.
50. This radio is even ________(expensive) than that one.
51. This trip to China has ________(real) inspired me to relearn my Mandrain.
52. John’s handwriting is the ________(bad) of the three.
53. The most used letter in the English alphabet is "E", and "Q" is the ________(little) used!
54. Those who eat most are not always ________(fat); those who read most, not always wisest.
55. The mother is ________(worry) about her son’s safety.
56. I’m going on a diet for I want to become ________ (thin).
57. In my grandfather’s time, computers were far ________ (popular) than they are today.
58. So ________ (excite) was the game that I forgot all about the coming finals.
59. Tom is ________ (tall) of all his brothers.
60. This is our ________(cheap) pen in our shop.
1—5 CADAB6—10 CDDBA11—15 BBBCD
16—20 DADDC21—25 CABCA26—30 ABAAB
31—35 DABCD36—40 BDBBC41—45 BDCBC
46. more slowly47. the earliest48. more successfully
49. quicker50. more expensive51. really
52. worst53. least54. fattest
55. worried56. thinner57. less popular
58. exciting59. the tallest60. cheapest